Chris Lewis is the owner of Packlife gym, with two CrossFit gyms in Johannesburg. Chris and his team are poised at an exciting stage – 2024 promises to be a massive year of growth for them as they expand to new locations and disciplines. In this episode we will discuss growth – how to prepare for it, embrace it and benefit from it.
Topics covered include:
- Getting the basics right before expanding – what are the foundational things to get right?
- The 5 things Chris considers when looking to grow from a place of educated decision making (culture, staff, location, community longevity and the lease agreement)
- The importance of location for the sustainability of your community and fitness business
- The importance of slow and steady growth – making sure you understand the financial implications of expanding your business
- Lessons in maximising the value of your core facility
- The power of outsourcing the elements of the job that you don’t thrive in
- The importance of creating stable and incentivised career paths for your coaches and great tips for creating sustainable jobs in the micro gym environment
- Bravery and taking on new challenges