We kick off the first episode of The Octiv Sweat Equity Podcast with a conversation with Steven van Jaarsveld, co-founder of Motley Crew CrossFit in South Africa. Motley Crew have been so successful in building a brand that encompasses more than just the workout – it’s a movement!
Mark and Steven discuss the starting days of Motley Crew, the challenges and wins along the way and how to build a brand that helps you to stand out from the crowd. Steven has a wealth of knowledge for any fitness facility owner and he shares it generously in this episode.
Topics covered include:
- Motley Crew CrossFit’s founding story
- How to build a brand that makes you stand out in the crowd
- Company culture as the personality of the business
- Steven’s tips to consider when opening up new gym locations
- How to keep your coaches energised and enthusiastic
- The importance of authenticity in your communication
- Tips for a strong social media presence