We talk to Lindsay, a copywriter who thrives on staying healthy and fit after a long writing day. She’s a member of a CrossFit gym and an avid user of the Octiv app. Let’s see what she has to say.
I was first introduced to CrossFit in 2014 when my Brother-in-Law opened a CrossFit box in Johannesburg. At the time, I was on my way out of South Africa and didn’t quite see the whole fuss around CrossFit- until I tried it for myself a few years later.
In 2018 I relocated back to South Africa- because, let’s be honest, it’s the best country in the world.
I became thoroughly hooked on the sport and immersed my whole body in a multi-sensory health experience. Within 6 months, I had lost 15kg, never felt more powerful, was the fittest I’ve ever been, and assembled some incredible friends along the way.
A big part of CrossFit is;
- Community fitness.
- Logging benchmark workouts.
- Tracking athleticism.
- Reflecting on achieved goals.
- Weekend competitions and leaderboards.
Octiv is a nifty app that makes all the essential parts of the CrossFit experience come to life. Whether I need to log a back squat, book into a class, make a coach aware of an injury, or just find out who’s in class with me that day. It’s the ultimate member experience.
This app goes hand-in-hand with a CrossFit box or any health studio, for that matter.
Octiv is an app that health and fitness studios (like CrossFit boxes) use to ensure their clients receive a streamlined system to:
- Book a fitness class in less than a second.
- Log workouts for accountability.
- Check the workout of the day to prepare.
- Discover who’s in class and get excited.
- Experience the power of a fitness community.
- Log any injuries for coaches’ awareness.
- Collect Discovery Vitality Points for showing up.
And so much more…
As a member of a CrossFit box, these are the customer-driven benefits that make the Octiv app fun. Besides, the main goal of a health and fitness studio is to cater for the ultimate member experience.
CrossFitters are a social, competitive, and inquisitive bunch. We like to log our best workouts, snoop to see who’s in class with us, and discover what movements we are doing that day. Octiv nurses the CrossFit personality that ultimately encourages clients to keep using CrossFit facilities.
The benefits of Octiv as a fitness studio owner
Octiv has some fantastic features that will make the management of your business effortless and the class booking experience streamlined for your members.
- Scheduling and bookings are organised and automated for productivity to increase profitability.
- Virtual training for members who prefer to exercise in the comfort of their own home but love your training program.
- A comprehensive dashboard to manage your team, monthly sales and pick up trends efficiently and accurately.
- Marketing and communications are all done through the app to amplify your brand, generate more leads and send emails and SMSs to members.
- A digital member experience that keeps clients loyal and returning every month.
- Automated invoicing and payments that make the month-end money collection simple and methodical.
- An organised system where bookings integrate into members’ calendars so that they can plan their week.
In a nutshell
Presenting your fitness studio as customer-centric in this digital age is essential. Your booking system must be set up to make it easy for clients to book into classes in an admin-free way at any time of day and on any device.
Request a demo to give your clients the best possible customer service to separate you from the competition.